Bokor Hill Station is an abandoned French town built in 1922 on Bokor Mountain, just outside the town of Kampot, southern Cambodia. It was built by the French in the 20’s and then expanded much later (evidenced by some sleek and modern architecture), but was abandoned due to the war in the 70’s and was used as a hold out for the Khmer Rouge. The main building is intact, overlooking a dramatic cliff toward the distant ocean. There are several other buildings including a catholic church, a casino, some homes.